Vermont Recovery Network: VRN Network Coordinator
Job Posting: Peer-Recovery Network Coordinator,
Vermont Recovery Network
The peer-recovery support system known as the Vermont Recovery Network today is acknowledged as the nation’s preeminent statewide peer recovery system. This system of nine community recovery centers provides welcoming, safe places for people seeking recovery, as well as support for families and friends who are trying to help loved ones. Centers are safe havens where people who are committed to recovery volunteer to support others. Our trained recovery workers provide facilitated groups and recovery coaching, and our recovery support services help people rebuild their lives. We provide peer support, evidence-based services, educational programs, and recovery training in safe, supportive environments. The Network Coordinator is the key staff person responsible for the essential job activities described below.
Job duties and responsibilities: The Network Coordinator provides leadership, supports the member recovery centers, and represents the Network, and the recovery movement generally, in state, regional, and national venues. In addition, the Coordinator:
- Provides oversight and overall management, vision, and leadership for all aspects of the Network, including programs, finances, communications, resource development, and organizational development.
- Leads the development and provision of recovery services and the further development of Vermont’s statewide recovery network; develops and implements programs of public information about addiction recovery services.
- Helps maintain consistency and quality in program offerings; works with centers to develop new recovery programs, funding sources, service opportunities, and training; and helps centers establish collaborative relationships with local human service agencies and other partners.
Our culture: Our Network uses recovery-oriented approaches to the participatory process and strength-based approaches to address problems. We support people on all paths of recovery and focus on the person first. The Coordinator will be ready to embrace this culture.
Qualifications and hiring criteria:
- Previous personal experience with recovery, recovery services, and peer-led organizations is preferred; knowledge of substance-abuse treatment programs and other human services is a plus.
- A minimum of five years’ progressive experience in nonprofit management, including hiring and managing staff.
- Demonstrated experience working with state and national political and community leaders.
- Experience working with an organization of independently incorporated nonprofit entities is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in obtaining and managing federal and state government grants.
- Demonstrated experience working with common computer applications, including the Microsoft Office suite.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The compensation is $65,000 plus, depending on experience.
Response method: Please send a cover letter and resume as attachments to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or this mailing address: Vermont Recovery Network, P.O. Box 1303, Brattleboro, VT 05302. Applications will be accepted through August 10, 2016.